+1.514.289.8600 Ext. 220
“Always open to discussion with the parties.”
Marc knows what to ask and when to ask it, often helping his clients find answers to questions they never thought of asking. His ability to listen to clients’ needs and approach legal situations from all angles makes him a valuable resource in our legal team.
He studied law at the University of Montreal and obtained his practicing certificate in 1976 after passing the Quebec bar exam. A partner at Lazarus Charbonneau for over 30 years, Marc currently specializes in banking, transactional and bankruptcy law. His skill, professionalism and legal knowledge has allowed him to represent organizations of all sizes – from Canada’s leading financial institution to a diverse clientele of small entrepreneurs.
- University of Montreal, LL.L (1975)
- Quebec Bar (1976)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Civil and commercial litigation, including insolvency, contractual and collateral
- Member of the Bar Council of Montreal for five years and has held positions as Treasurer (2008-2009)
- First Counsellor (2009-2010), elected president of the Bar (2010-2011)
- Served on the General Council of the Quebec Bar and the 2009-2010 Executive Committee
- Served at the Hospital Boards Sacred Heart of Montreal and the Fondation du Collège Marie-Victorin
- Director of CAIJ since December 2011 and has served as Secretary since June 2014