Rene R. Gauthier
Access to justice is one thing; getting it is another.”
A skilled trial attorney with over 30 years experience before the Court of Quebec, the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, Rene heads up Lazarus Charbonneau’s litigation practice. He’s a natural negotiator and creative problem solver, capable of working under extremely stressful situations. His profound understanding of the law and the needs of his clients makes him a perfect lawyer to represent some of Lazarus Charbonneau’s most complex and challenging cases.
Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 1984, his general practice focuses mainly on litigious civil and commercial matters. His dedication to the law and commitment to his clients have led to an impressive number of favourable judicial outcomes that have contributed to the advancement of law in Quebec and Canada.
- Laval University (Quebec)
- Bachelor degree, LL.B. Law (1983)
- Quebec Bar (1984)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Litigious civil and commercial matters, including contractual disputes, partnership law, shareholder disputes and oppression remedies, corporate law, bankruptcy, banking law, employment law (dismissal), fraud and medical malpractice
- Member of the Liaison Committee with the Court of Quebec, Montreal Bar (2012-2013 and 2013-2014)
- Guest speaker at the 2014 and 2015 Annual Congress of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)